Terms of Service
Vote.GOP – Terms of Service
Using Our Vote.GOP Site and Services
These Terms of Service (the “Terms of Service”) apply to the Republican National Committee (“RNC”) Get Out the Vote (“GOTV”) site located at vote.gop and any services, features, content, applications, software programming, and interfaces provided through the GOTV Site (the “GOTV Site” or “Site”). Your access to and use of the GOTV Site is subject to these Terms of Service, as well as all applicable laws and regulations. This GOTV Site is owned and operated by the Republican National Committee (“RNC”, “we”, “our” or “us”).
This Site may provide certain summary descriptions, location services or other helpful information regarding voter registration, Absentee Ballot, Early Vote and other information that pertains to voting. While we have made efforts to keep this information up-to-date, changes are often made, and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of any such information. You are strongly advised to double check the accuracy of all information with your local jurisdiction.
This Site also contains text, pictures, graphics, logos, button items, images, works of authorship, and other content provided by the RNC (collectively with all information and material on the Site (“Content”). This GOTV Site is intended for use only by users who are at least 18 years of age.
PLEASE NOTE: Please read these Terms of Service carefully. If you do not accept and agree to be bound by any of these Terms of Service, you are not authorized to access or otherwise use this GOTV Site or any information, Content or Services contained on this GOTV Site. Your access to and use of this GOTV Site constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to abide by each of these terms and conditions set forth below. These Terms of Service may be changed, modified, supplemented or updated by the RNC from time to time without advance notice by posting here and you will be bound by any such changed, modified, supplemented or updated Terms of Service if you continue to use this GOTV Site after such changes are posted. Unless otherwise indicated, any new Content, Services added to this GOTV Site will also be subject to these Terms of Service effective upon the date of any such addition. You are encouraged to review this GOTV Site and these Terms of Service periodically for updates and changes.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, please contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited License and GOTV Site Access; All Rights Reserved
- RNC hereby grants you a limited license to access and make personal use of this GOTV Site but not to download (other than page caching) or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of RNC (e.g., downloading of application forms). This license does not include any resale or commercial use of this GOTV Site or the Content; any derivative use of this GOTV Site or the Content; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. This GOTV Site or any portion of this GOTV Site may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of RNC. You may not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of RNC without RNC’s express written consent. You may not use any meta-tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any of RNC’s name(s) or service marks without the express written consent of their owners. We (or the respective third party owners of Content) retain all right, title, and interest in this GOTV Site and any Content, features, Services offered on this GOTV Site, including any and all intellectual property rights. We (or the respective third party owners of Content) reserve all rights not expressly granted. Any unauthorized use terminates the permission or license granted by RNC.
- This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by RNC, in the manner permitted by these Terms of Service. You may not copy, modify, distribute, sell, or lease any part of our Services, nor may you reverse engineer or attempt to extract the source code, unless laws prohibit those restrictions.
Modifying and Terminating Our Services
- We are constantly changing and improving our Services. We may add or remove functionalities or features, and we may suspend or stop a Service altogether.
- You can stop using our GOTV Site and our Services at any time, although we’ll be sorry to see you go. RNC may also stop providing Services to you, or add or create new limits to our Services at any time.
Third Party Content
- This GOTV Site may link to other sites operated by third parties other than RNC. Neither RNC is responsible for the content or accuracy of any off-site pages or any other sites linked to this GOTV Site. Linking to any other off-site pages or other sites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use of those sites. Neither RNC controls such web sites and cannot be held responsible for their content or accuracy and do not endorse these sites unless we specifically so state. In the event that this GOTV Site provides hyperlinks to other web sites that are not owned, operated or maintained by RNC, you acknowledge and agree that neither RNC is responsible for or liable for the content, products, services or other materials on or available from such web sites. Neither RNC accepts liability for any information, products, advertisements, content, services or software accessible through these third party web sites or for any action you may take as a result of linking to any such web site. Neither RNC is under any obligation to maintain any link on this GOTV Site and may remove a link at any time in its sole discretion for any reason whatsoever. Neither RNC shall be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages or losses caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on such content, products, services or other materials available on or through any such web site. Neither RNC is responsible for the privacy practices of any other web sites.
- RNC may run advertisements and promotions from third parties on the GOTV Site or may otherwise provide information about or links to third-party organizations, products, or services on the GOTV Site. Your business dealings or correspondence with such third parties, and any terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated therewith, are solely between you and such third party. When you leave the GOTV Site, you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the GOTV Site.
- With the exception of any personal information you submit, any information you transmit to this GOTV Site, whether by direct entry, submission, e-mail or otherwise, including data, questions, comments, or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary and will become the property of RNC. Such information may be used for any purpose, including, without limitation, reproduction, solicitations, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. RNC shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send via this GOTV Site or by any other means for any purpose whatsoever, including, without limitation, developing and marketing products and services using such information.
Prohibited Use of the GOTV Site
- Any use or attempted use of this GOTV Site (i) for any unlawful, unauthorized, fraudulent or malicious purpose, or (ii) that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any server, or the network(s) connected to any server, or (iii) interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of this GOTV Site, or (iv) to gain unauthorized access to any other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any server or systems through hacking, password mining or any other means, or (v) to access systems, data or information not intended by RNC to be made accessible to a user, or (vi) attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available by RNC, or (vii) any use other than the business purpose for which it was intended, is prohibited.
- In addition, in connection with your use of this GOTV Site, you agree you will not:
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Probe, scan, test the vulnerability of or breach the authentication measures of, this GOTV Site or any related networks or systems;
- Register, subscribe, attempt to register, attempt to subscribe, unsubscribe, or attempt to unsubscribe, any party for Services if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so; or
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated or manual means to access this GOTV Site, or copy any Content or information on this GOTV Site.
No Editorial Control of Third Party Content
- To the extent that any of the Content included in the GOTV Site is provided by third party content providers, RNC have no editorial control or responsibility over such providers or Content. Any opinions, statements, products, services or other information expressed or made available by any third party are theirs alone, not opinions of RNC. RNC does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, statement or other information provided by any third party, or represent or warrant that your use of the Content displayed on this GOTV Site or referenced content or service providers will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with RNC.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless RNC and their affiliates, and their respective members, directors, officers, managers, employees, , agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any unlawful use of our GOTV Site, any violation by you of these Terms of Service, any breach by you of your representations and warranties hereunder or your reliance on any errors or omissions in our GOTV Site. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this Section. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
- THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE AND THE SERVICES MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION HEREIN. RNC AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE SITE AT ANY TIME. ADVICE RECEIVED VIA THE GOTV SITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, MEDICAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL AND/OR THE APPROPRIATE FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL GOVERNMENT ELECTIONS OFFICE FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION.
- THE SITE, THE CONTENT, MATERIALS AND other content provided through the GOTV Site, and all technology, software, materials, data, or images provided or used by or on behalf of RNC or its licensors CONTAINED THEREIN AND THE SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR IN CONNECTION THEREWITH ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” OR “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
- RNC DISCLAIM ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND AS TO ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, FORMS OR OTHER SITE MATERIALS ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE. RNC DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SITES, THE SITE MATERIALS OR THE SERVICES ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. RNC will not be held responsible for (a) any errors, inaccuracies, or service interruptions, or free of harmful components including power outages or system failures. In addition, RNC does not warrant that the GOTV Site will meet your requirements and expectations or that you will achieve any particular result from using the GOTV Site.
Limitation of Liability
Third Party Beneficiary.
- Notwithstanding any of these Terms of Service, RNC reserves the right, without notice and in its sole discretion, to terminate your license to use the GOTV Site, and to block or prevent future your access to and use of the GOTV Site.
- If any provision of these Terms of Service shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Governing Law; Venue; Arbitration; Class Action Waiver.
- You agree that any dispute or claim arising out of the GOTV Site or these Terms shall be settled by binding arbitration in the District of Columbia under the American Arbitration Association Rules. Regardless of any law to the contrary, any claim against us must be filed within one year of the time such claim arose, otherwise such claim will be barred forever. We agree that regardless of any law to the contrary, that the arbitrator shall have no authority to award, punitive or exemplary damages against any party to this agreement. Notwithstanding the above, we may apply to any court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order or other interim relief, as necessary without breach of this agreement and without abridgment of the powers of the arbitrator.
- These Terms and the GOTV Site shall be governed by the laws of the District of Columbia, without regard to conflicts of laws provisions and such law shall be applied by the arbitrator to the merits of any dispute or claim. For any non-arbitral action or proceeding arising out of or related to the GOTV Site or these Terms, sole and exclusive jurisdiction shall reside with the appropriate state court located in the District of Columbia or federal court located in the District of Columbia.
- The GOTV Site is and remains a U.S. offering and all use of the information collected is and shall remain subject to U.S. law and practice. International users must take this into account and should consult their local laws and independently determine whether participation is desired given these facts.
- By using the GOTV Site, you irrevocably waive any rights to seek and/or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and any defense of forum non conveniens. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the GOTV Site will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action.
- The FAQ’s provided on this GOTV Site are collective works taken from the applicable state sites.
- Except as otherwise expressly stated, all Content appearing on this GOTV Site is the copyrighted work of RNC and/or its suppliers. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all Content is also the exclusive property of RNC and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All rights not expressly granted in these Terms of Services are expressly reserved.
- Except as otherwise expressly stated herein, you may not alter, modify, copy, distribute (for compensation or otherwise), transmit, display, perform, reproduce, reuse, post, publish, license, frame, download, store for subsequent use, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information or Content obtained from this GOTV Site, in whole or in part, including any text, images, audio, and video in any manner, without the prior written authorization of RNC or any applicable third party suppliers. Any unauthorized use of text or images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and applicable regulations and statutes. RNC does not warrant or represent that your use of Content, Services or any other materials displayed on this GOTV Site will not infringe, violate or misappropriate rights of third.
Repeat Infringer Policy
- In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, RNC has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances as determined by RNC in its sole discretion, subscribers or account holders who it deems to be repeat infringers or posing a greater risk to the integrity of the GOTV Site or RNC or third party Content providers’ proprietary rights. RNC may also at its sole discretion limit access to the GOTV Site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
- RNC and any other product or service name or slogan contained in the GOTV Site are trademarks of RNC and its suppliers or licensors, and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of RNC or the applicable trademark holder. Along with your obligation to comply with all applicable laws, you may not use any metatags or any other “hidden text” utilizing RNC, or any other name, trademark or product or service name of RNC without our prior written permission. In addition, the domain name for this GOTV Site, the look and feel of the GOTV Site, including all page headers, custom graphics, button icons and scripts, is the service mark, trademark and/or trade dress of RNC and may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without our prior written permission. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names and company names or logos mentioned in the GOTV Site are the property of their respective owners. Reference to any products, services, processes or other information, by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by us.
- When you visit this GOTV Site or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices on this GOTV Site. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. You further agree that any notices provided by us electronically are deemed to be given and received on the date we transmit any such electronic communication as described in these Terms of Service.
- You agree that any violation, or threatened violation, by you of these Terms of Service constitutes an unlawful and unfair business practice that will cause us irreparable and unquantifiable harm. You also agree that monetary damages would be inadequate for such harm and consent to our obtaining any injunctive or equitable relief that we deem necessary or appropriate. These remedies are in addition to any other remedies we may have at law or in equity.
Questions & Contact Information
Please contact us if you have questions about our Terms of Service at: email@example.com